How your doctor in Arlington, Texas can help you live a heart-healthy lifestyle.
Did you know you can do a lot to prevent heart disease? Some factors, like genetics, are things you can't control, but smoking, diet, and other lifestyle choices play a huge part in developing heart disease. These lifestyle choices are well within your control.
Dr. Atif Sohail at Heart & Sleep Clinics of America in Arlington, Texas can help you with heart disease prevention and treatment.
Let’s take a closer look at the ways you can prevent heart disease. Consider:
- Modifying your diet; limit fatty foods like red meat and whole fat dairy. Try low-fat dairy products and lean meats, poultry, and fish instead. Be sure to eat plenty of vegetables and fruits to help you stay full, so you don’t take in too many calories.
- Quitting smoking; tobacco use is a major risk factor in developing heart disease, and many other serious medical conditions.
- Increasing the amount you exercise; vigorous physical activity strengthens your heart, so you should aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise most days each week. Aerobic exercises like brisk walking, jogging, or swimming are especially beneficial to your heart.
- Managing your stress; meditation, yoga, and deep breathing are all excellent ways to calm your body and mind.
- Visit your doctor regularly for blood pressure monitoring and cholesterol checks. Your doctor can help keep your heart healthy with blood-pressure and cholesterol-lowering medications, which is one of the reasons why regular visits are so important.
You can do a lot to prevent heart disease, and your doctor can help. To find out more about preventing heart disease and keeping your body healthy, call Dr. Atif Sohail of Heart & Sleep Clinics of America in Arlington, Texas at (817) 419-7220. Call now, and protect your heart.